Greg McDade, lawyer for the City of Burnaby, says “it is time to question the legitimacy of the whole NEB process.” Andrew Weaver, MLA for Gordon Head in Victoria adds ” …. there is so little trust left in the actual energy board itself, that the B.C. Government has to step in …” What is going on with the Trans Mountain Pipeline Project?
What is going on with the Trans Mountain Pipeline Project?
In this morning’s interview, two key intervenors give their perspective on:
- The National Energy Board’s credibility,
- recent events in Burnaby,
- what place has public interest in this process,
- should BC set up its own environmental assessment process?
Links of Interest:
- Andrew Weaver, MLA Oak Bay – Gordon Head
- Gregory J McDade, QC
- Link to Petition for a Made in BC Environmental Assessment
- The ECOreport: – Trans Mountain Pipeline Hearings tab
- The ECOreport: – Burnaby Mountain Conservation Forest tab
- City of Burnaby: – news releases
- National Energy Board: Trans Mountain Expansion
Broadcast on Cortes Community Radio (CKTZ, 89.5 FM), Powell River Community Radio (CJMP, 90.1 FM) and Spring Island Radio (107.9 & 102.1 FM GREEN)
(Image at top of page: Greenpeace takes over Kinder Morgan facility in Burnaby, B.C., on October 16, 2013 – Courtesy, Caelie Frampton, CC By Sa, 2.0).