Audio from Thursday, August 7. The first part of that program was about a First Nations burial ground on Grace Islet in BC. The podcast below, “Protector of the Sacred Sites,” ran from 9:12 – 9:30. It revolves around the clash between solar projects and Native American Sacred sites in Southern California.
When the US set out to build solar plants in the desert, it clashed with an ancient culture that did not want them.
- interviews with Alfredo Figueroa, Founder of La Cuna de Atzlan
- interviews with Rev Ron Van Fleet, Mojave elder
- Interview with an employee of the US Government who I cannot identify, so I am calling him George
- Testimony of Testimony of Eiizabeth A. Bagwell, Ph.D., RPA and Beverly E. Bastian to California Energy Commission, re expected impact of renewable projects on First Nation’s sites (2010)
- Tribal leader suggests solar farm was approved too quickly, Kumeyaay News
- Cultural Showdown at Genesis Solar Project
- National Congress of American Indians Resolution #LNK-12-036
- Robert Lundahl’s documentary “Who Are My People?” (This is where you can gain access.)
(Image at top of page: Kokopilli – Courtesy Robert Lundahl’s documentary Who Are My People? Note all images on this page are “threatened”)