The video above is a message from Salt Spring Island residents for the defenders of Burnaby Mountain. It arrived minutes before I interviewed Karl Perrin of Burnaby Residents Opposing Kinder Morgan Expansion.
“Vigil on Burnaby Mountain ” was taped the day before the injunction Kinder Morgan obtained goes into effect. Perrin talked about spillage at Westridge terminal, a ceremony they held the day before Kinder Morgan’s injunction was to take effect and how the pipeline is now an election issue.
Kinder Morgan has slapped a $5.6 million dollar suit on five of the defenders of Burnaby Mountain for “delaying” their project. The are trying to raise money for legal matters through crows funding. Their immediate goal is $22,000 and they are half way there. If you want to help out go to their website http://burnabypipelinewatch.ca/ or https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/broke-against-big-oil
Links to B.R.O.K.E.:
Relevant Articles and Podcasts on the ECOreport:
- Three Intervenors Speak Against the Kinder Morgan Hearings (Podcast) – Interview with Marc Elieson, Former CEO of BC Hydro & clips from my interviews with Greg McDade & Andrew Weaver
- What’s Going on with the Trans Mountain Pipeline Project (Podcast with Burnaby’s Lawyer, Greg McDade & MLA Andrew Weaver)
- Former BC Hydro CEO calls Pipeline Hearings a Public Deception (article & copy of Marc Elieson’s letter )
- BC’s Election Results Won’t Make Kinder Morgan Happy
- Battle for Burnaby Mountain Conservation Forest is not Over (article & Podcast with Karl Perrin, just prior to Kinder Morgan returning to the site on October 29)
- more articles under the Burnaby Mountain Conservation Forest & Trans Mountain Pipeline Hearings tabs.
- videos and articles about the defence of Grace Islet, a recognized First Nations burial Islet on Salt Spring Island where the Provincial Government is letting someone build a house (because he was issued the right permit).
(Image at top of page was taken from the video made by Bill Warriner of Salt Spring Live)