“To Be The World’s Greenest City” is an ECO Radio interview with Vancouver’s Director of Sustainability, Amanda Pitre-Hayes, about Vancouver’s goal to be the World’s Greenest City. Interview conducted by Roy L Hales.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- How the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration found it was behind more than half of the 16 wild weather events in 2013.
- The Greenest City Action Plan
- Vancouver’s emissions are 6% below 1990 levels
- The goal to lower carbon emissions as much as possible
- a carbon neutral standard for new construction after 2020
- the city’s drinking water
- clean air standards
- planting 100,000 new trees by 2020.
- 44% of the trips currently made by Vancouverites are on foot, bicycle or public transit
- vehicle share
- a 19% increase in the number of green jobs. One out of every 20 Vancouverites
- urban gardens